Insurance Conditions F1
The purpose of the said POLICY is to insure the risks defined below, coverage for which is specified in Article 2 "Nature of the POLICY". It is expressly said that the subscription to this INSURANCE POLICY is not obligatory and thus, if non-coverage is wished, you may simply select the option "without insurance" at the time of booking.
ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
- INSUREE: any individual person subscribing to the INSURANCE POLICY when purchasing his/her show ticket.
- SHOW COVERED: any sporting event, where the corresponding tickets come under a subscription to the INSURANCE POLICY.
- SERIOUS ILLNESS: any serious** deterioration in health stated by a doctor of medicine, implying the stoppage of any professional or other activity, prohibiting any travel by the insuree's own means and requiring appropriate treatment.
- SERIOUS ACCIDENT: any non-intentional bodily damage to the victim, stemming from a sudden action triggered by an external factor, as stated by a doctor of medicine and implying the stoppage of all professional or other activity, prohibiting any travel by the insuree's own means and requiring appropriate treatment.
- IMMEDIATE FAMILY: refers to mother, father, sister, brother, children, spouse, husband.
ARTICLE 2 – NATURE OF THE POLICY
Suitours S.A. shall compensate the insuree up to 80% of the price of the show ticket or pack, within a ceiling of maximum € 550 incl. VAT per ticket or pack for the show covered and within a ceiling of maximum 1500 euros per event and per claim, if the insuree is unable to attend the show following the occurrence of one of the following events, with the exclusion of any other:
- Serious accident, serious illness or decease of the insuree or an immediate family member occurring at most 10 days before the show covered;
- Non-distribution or late distribution of the ticket by DHL making it impossible for the insuree to attend the event (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping). On the condition that the invoice and a copy of the reason for the non-distribution by DHL is provided and on the express condition that the date of dispatch was respected by DHL. Suitours S.A. reserves the right to exercise any recourse against DHL unless the unforeseeable, irresistible and external nature of the event causing the cover to be activated is proven. In any case, it is the client's responsibility to provide correct address information.
ARTICLE 3 – EXCLUSIONS
All events not indicated in Article 2 "Nature of the POLICY" are excluded. In addition to the exclusions provided for in Article 2, cancellations subsequent to the following events are not covered:
- A fact known by the insuree at the time of purchasing the ticket(s) and thus subscribing to the INSURANCE POLICY.
- Illness or accident occurring prior to the purchase of the ticket for the show covered.
- Psychological, mental or depressive illnesses without hospitalization or with hospitalization for less than 3 days.
- Any intentional misuse of this insurance coverage, regardless of a specific time before or after the show.
- Cancellation of the show covered due to the event organizer.
- Loss or theft of tickets.
- DHL non-distribution as a result of a mistake within the address details provided by the client (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping).
- The VIP tickets of the F1 Paddock Club and the Silver Member, Gold Member & Piso Box Member tickets cannot be covered by this insurance nor the electronic tickets.
ARTICLE 4 – CLAIMS PROCEDURE
Under penalty of non-coverage, excepting unforeseeable events or force majeure, the insuree must declare his/her claim by registered letter to "Suitours S.A. - Avda. Montserrat, 5 - E-08397 Pineda de Mar" and by email to contact[at]suitours.com within 5 days of discovering the event activating the cancellation and must send the following documents by courier at the cost of the customer:
- in the event of illness or accident: medical certificate specifying the origin, nature and consequences of the illness or the accident and the duration of the sick leave or temporary incapacity to work;
- in the event of death: copy of the death certificate;
- in the event of a road accident: copy of the accident statement or claim form sent to the insuree's insurer;
- In the event of non-distribution of the ticket by DHL making it impossible for the insuree to attend the event: an official document signed by DHL justifying the grounds of non-distribution must be sent (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping).
- In all cases, the insuree must send to Suitours S.A. the unused tickets for the show covered, together with any promotional gifts. The insurer reserves the right to request the subscriber to produce any supporting document it may deem useful to constitute the file. As a matter of urgency, the Insuree shall also send an email to the dedicated Suitours email address: contact[at]suitours.com advising of the incident leading to the cancellation request within maximum 48 hrs after discovering the event activating the cancellation. Suitours S.A. shall review all documents provided by the client within 30 days after reception of the case by courier at the cost of the customer until latest 5 days prior to the show covered.
ARTICLE 5 – LIMITATION OF POLICY
Amount of compensation: the subscriber receives compensation for the amount of up to 80% of the purchasing price of the ticket or pack for the show covered inclusive of VAT, within a ceiling of maximum 550 euros inclusive of VAT per ticket or pack for the show covered and within a ceiling of maximum 1500 euros per event and per claim.
ARTICLE 6 – EFFECT AND DURATION OF THE POLICY
The cover takes effect on the day the ticket or pack for the show covered is purchased and the INSURANCE POLICY subscribed and expires 5 days prior to the show covered.
ARTICLE 7 – GOVERNING LAW:
Any dispute arising hereunder or in any way relating to the INSURANCE POLICY shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of: Arenys de Mar/Spain.
**Serious referring to an identifiable deterioration subject to medical proof, i.e. medical certificate. Cases are to be determined on an individual basis.